In general we recommend a yearly visual check-up just after winter season.
Please check for the presence of the following three points:
a. Dirt & green deposits; clean with low pressure water and soft brush
b. Fading out of colours
c. Diminishing pearl effect
If necessary (concerning point b./c.), apply a maintenance coat according to the instructions below. The frequency of maintenance depends on the weather conditions:
- In normal weather conditions: every 5 years
- In extreme weather conditions: every 3 years
- In ideal circumstances, this can take significantly longer: up to 10 years
Normal climates: when the colour fades, apply a maintenance coat of WoodCream with WoodCream Softener (see detailed instructions below). There is no need for sanding.
Frequency according to exposure, geographical situation, solar orientation of the treated wood, wood type, and desired shade. Waterfront, seaside, pilling, wetland, and marshland … sometimes require a more frequent maintenance.
STEP 1. Clean the surface with Exterior Wood Cleaner and a nylon scrubbing brush. Use a
mixture of 10% Exterior Wood Cleaner and 90% water. Rinse well with clear water afterwards.
STEP 2. Allow the surface to dry well.
STEP 3. Stir WoodCream well before use and dilute it with WoodCream Softener in a ratio from 9 parts WoodCream and 1 part WoodCream Softener to max. 1 part WoodCream and 1 part WoodCream Softener in order to achieve the desired result.
STEP 4. Apply evenly to the vertical surface with the WoodCream Brush in the direction of the wood. Work in zones of 3 to 4 boards.
- Tip: We advise to work wet in wet to avoid overlapses.
STEP 5. Allow the surface to dry 12 hours.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the surface during application.
- Stir the product well before application. When using several containers at one site, it is recommended to mix them for an even result.
- Only use our maintenance and cleaning products.