Pre-Aging is a high-quality, non-reactive pre-treatment that creates the look of reactive stains, but without the drawbacks. It is always combined with Oil Plus 2C. Pre-Aging is available in 10 standard colours, ranging from a lighter to a darker smoked look, including the warm, green/brown undertones that are so popular. All colours can be mixed with each other, so that the customer can get exactly what they want.
Instructions to apply Pre-Aging on floors
- Step 1: Sand the surface
- Step 2: Vacuum thoroughly
- Step 3: Apply Pre-Aging
- Step 4: Allow the surface to dry for ± 24 hours
- Step 5: Break the raised wood fibers
- Step 6: Finish off with Oil Plus 2C or Invisible Protector
Step 1: Sand the surface
- Sand the surface scratch-free. Finish with screening net 100. (When renovating, you must remove all the residues from previous treatments completely.)
Step 2: Vacuum thoroughly
- Vacuum thoroughly and eliminate all remains of dust.
Step 3: Apply Pre-Aging
- Shake the Pre-Aging well before use and pour in a bucket (Rubio Monocoat Bucket).
- Work in areas of ± 90 cm. Apply the product evenly and in a saturated manner on the to be treated surface with a Microfiber Pad.
- Tip: for edges/corners: apply with a brush or a green Mouse Pad.
- Afterwards smooth out the area with the same Microfiber Pad. Make sure the pad is thoroughly wrung out. Avoid puddle formation.
Step 4: Allow the surface to dry for ± 24 hours
- Allow to dry for about 24 hours and ensure sufficient ventilation.
- The exact drying time depends on the support, air humidity, temperature and ventilation.
Step 5: Break the raised wood fibers
- After drying, break the raised wood fibers with a floor polisher equipped with a red Pad and vacuum afterwards.
Step 6: Finish off with Oil Plus 2C or Invisible Protector
- Now apply Oil Plus 2C or Invisible Protector.
- To determine the correct colour, always do a small test first with one of our 20 ml sample bottles on identical sanded and prepared wood.
- When using several containers at one site, it is required to mix them for an even result.
- Switch off the floor heating 48 hours before application.
- To avoid overlapping, always work wet-on-wet.
- On resinous wood species small white stains may appear as a reaction of the product to the wood.