Sunprimer HWP is a water-based primer which limits the effects of UV light and which can be used as an optional primer when applying a finishing coat of Hybrid Wood Protector on vertical exterior wood.
Sunprimer HWP - which is always applied in the same colour as the Hybrid Wood Protector - guarantees the deep penetration of colour pigments which results in an intense colour.
- Step 1: Remove all residues of old applications (if necessary)
- Step 2: Clean the surface with Exterior Wood Cleaner and let it dry
- Step 3: Apply Sunprimer HWP
- Step 4: Leave to dry for 24 hours
- Step 5: Apply Hybrid Wood Protector
- Step 6: Leave to react for about 10 minutes and smooth the surface again
- Step 7: Let it dry for 24 hours
Step 1: Remove all residues of old applications (if necessary)
- Remove all residues of old applications by sanding the surface scratch-free (end with a screening net 80 or 120). With new wood it is sufficient to just clean the surface with Exterior Wood Cleaner (see next step).
Step 2: Clean the surface with Exterior Wood Cleaner and let it dry
- Dampen the surface with clear water. Use a garden hose.
- Apply some Exterior Wood Cleaner.
- Tip: use gloves when using this product. Also be careful that the product doesn't get in the eyes.
- Scrub the treated area with a nylon scrubbing brush in the lengthwise direction of the wood. This will cause the product to foam.
- Rinse thoroughly with clear water until all the foam has disappeared.
- Allow the surface to dry thoroughly (until there appears to be uniform drying and it is dry to the touch).
Step 3: Apply Sunprimer HWP
- Stir the Sunprimer HWP well.
- Apply a small amount uniformly using a gun, brush or roller. Work in zones of 5-10 m².
Step 4: Allow to dry for 24 hours
- Leave to dry for approximately 24 hours.
- The surface should be dry to the touch.
Step 5: Apply Hybrid Wood Protector
- Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
- Add 10% Accelerator to the oil and mix well (measure the quantity precisely!)
Attention, the mixture of A and B can only be used during 4-6 hours. So be careful and only mix the amount you'll need in that timeframe.
- Apply a layer of Hybrid Wood Protector with a flat paint brush (e.g. Brush Standard 60).
Step 6: Leave to react
- Leave to react for 10 minutes and then smooth the surface again with the same brush (without applying new product).
Step 7: Let dry for 24 hours
- Let dry for about 24 hours. Complete curing takes place after 7 days.
Cloths and other tools that are soaked in oil may spontaneously combust and must therefore be submerged in water after use.
- To determine the correct colour, always do a small test first with one of our 20 ml sample bottles on identical sanded and prepared wood.
- Good preparation is crucial for good protection. Always prepare the wood with Exterior Wood Cleaner, even though the wood is new.
- Stir the product well before application. When using several containers at one site, it is recommended to mix them for an even result.
- Never apply in direct sunlight and at temperatures under 10°C (temperature must stay above 10°C at least until 12 hours after application). Only work when weather conditions are dry.
- Only use our maintenance and cleaning products.