Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector is a genuine 'monocoat', suitable for colouring and protecting almost all exterior wood in 1 single layer. The oil protects wooden façades, patios, shutters, portals, garden furniture, etc. from discolouration and weathering. The easy application and maintenance makes this oil an exceptionally user-friendly product.
Instructions to apply Hybrid Wood Protector
- Step 1: Remove all residues of old applications ( if necessary)
- Step 2: Clean the surface with Exterior Wood Cleaner and let it dry
- Step 3: Apply Hybrid Wood Protector
- Step 4: Leave to react for about 10 minutes
- Step 5: Wipe off excess product
- Step 6: Let it dry for 24 hours
Step 1: Remove all residues of old applications (if necessary)
- Remove all residues of old application by sanding the surface scratch-free (end with a screening net 80 or 120). With new wood it is sufficient to just clean the surface with Exterior Wood Cleaner (see next step).
Step 2: Clean the surface with Exterior Wood Cleaner and let it dry
- Dampen the surface with clear water. Use a garden hose.
- Apply some Exterior Wood Cleaner.
- Tip: use gloves when using this product. Also be careful the product doesn't get in the eyes.
- Scrub the treated area with a nylon scrubbing brush in the lengthwise direction of the wood. This will cause the product to foam.
- Rinse thoroughly with clear water until all the foam has disappeared.
- Allow the surface to dry thoroughly (until there appears to be uniform drying and it is dry to the touch).
Step 3: Apply Hybrid Wood Protector
- Stir the oil thoroughly before use
- Add 10% Accelerator to the oil and mix well ( measure the quantity precisely!)
Attention, the mixture of A and B can only be used during 4-6 hours. So be careful and only mix the amount you'll need in that timeframe.
- Apply a layer of Hybrid Wood Protector with a flat paint brush ( e.g. Brush Standard 60 or Brush Standard 220).
- Tip: for terraces you can also use a polishing machine with a beige 16 inch Rubio Monocoat Pad. Work in zones of 5-10 m² ( to wipe off the excess oil - see step 5 - use a white 16 inch Rubio Monocoat Pad).
Step 4: Leave to react
- Leave to react for 10 minutes and then smooth out the surface again with the same brush (without applying new product).
Step 5: Wipe off excess product
- After 5 minutes wipe off traces of excess product with a piece of cloth.
Step 6: Let dry for 24 hours
- Let dry for about 24 hours. Complete curing takes place after 7 days.
Cloths and other tools that are soaked in oil may spontaneously combust and must therefore be submerged in water after use.
- To determine the correct colour, always do a small test first with one of our 20 ml sample bottles on identical sanded and prepared wood.
- Good preparation is crucial for good protection. Always prepare the wood with Exterior Wood Cleaner, even though the wood is new.
- Stir the product well before application. When using several containers at one site, it is recommended to mix them for an even result.
- Never apply in direct sunlight and at temperatures under 10°C (temperature must stay above 10°C at least until 12 hours after application). Only work when weather conditions are dry.
- Only use our maintenance and cleaning products.